Unfaithful

Rihanna or Taylor Swift for Frozen 2's Elsa

3 posts in this topic

There are several rumors around that either Taylor Swift or Rihanna will voice Elsa in Frozen 2, as it's "confirmed" Idina Menzel will no longer be the voice of Elsa. Like, vocally, Rihanna is much better than Taylor Swift who can't handle a tone without running out of breath, but Rihanna is a black woman! Rihanna has a distinctive voice that separates her from the "average dark-skinned singers" such as Beyonce, Tinashe, Alicia Keys, Ciara, Jennifer Hudson, and even Mary J. Blige, but to suddenly have her voice a white Norwegian girl? Wouldn't that be a bit of a stretch, especially that Rihanna has an island-ish accent? 

I would love if Rihanna get the role, I really would, but it seems a bit impossible to happen, considering Taylor's voice and tone are "whiter" than Rihanna, and Norway is as white-skinned as it'll get. If you take a look at this list, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/black-actors-cartoon-characters_us_560e9be0e4b0af3706e06b23 the only black female actor/actress out of 23 others voicing a non-black character is Eartha Kitt as Yzma, who is a Peruvian fictional character (from Peru.) This tells us it's hard for a black person to voice a white character, and vice versa for whites voicing blacks.

If Rihanna would play the love interest of Elsa as a black female, then I guess that would work, but I'm not so sure about Rihanna being cast as ELSA. On the other hand, I don't like Taylor Swift, so I don't want her to voice Elsa either. If I had to choose one for Elsa I'd choose either Ariana Grande or Britney Spears.

I'm not a fan of the movie, but I think the same thing, her voice wouldn't match the character,and Taylor swift voice is annoying 😂 Didn't Demi Lovato sing Let it go too? can't she be the voice?

3 minutes ago, SalvaFlu said:

I'm not a fan of the movie, but I think the same thing, her voice wouldn't match the character,and Taylor swift voice is annoying 😂 Didn't Demi Lovato sing Let it go too? can't she be the voice?

She could be the voice, but I believe Disney, as a very grandeur company, would rather have an artist (if they're actually picking singers) that hasn't been affiliated with Let it Go yet to attract more audience and the fanbase of the new featured singer.

1 person likes this