Navy22

Intros?

3 posts in this topic

Hello I'm Ace I am 23 years old I have been a navy since the pre unapologetic era / talk that talk era, I have always loved Rihanna's music since pon de replay and shes always had a place in my music library , iPods etc but I never really connected the song with rihanna ( obviously I knew it was by her but I liked the song much more if that makes any sense)  and it wasn't until I herd WHYB that I just fell in love with Riri. I Remeber always skipping that song when it would play on pandora but 1 time I let it play and realized it was a really good song and I also remeber hearing it at a hooka bar and after that I become totally obsessed with it! .. it also led me to look into rihanna more as an artist and I realized how fucken dope she really was obviously I knew who she was and seen her everywhere but I just didn't know that she was much more than all those hits she had!! I know I haven't been a navy for a long time like many of you but I am glad I am now !! There is no other artist that I have had so much love and interest like Our bad gal riri!! I just hope she keep doing her and keep winding out the best pop music 👑👑👑 but yea I just wanted to tell ya about how I became navy & hope to hear from ya 2 !! 🎈🎈🎈

In 2006 I heard unfaithful on radio but I had NO idea who sang it..I fell in love with the song but I was only 10 years old and had no internet or laptop or anything to find that song or the singer

A year later I got my first laptop and met Youtube for the very first time...The only thing I wanted to do was to find that song..And then..I saw her...I remember thinking to myself oh my God how can she be so beautiful and have such a wonderful voice...And that's how it all started

I was 9 years old, she released pon de replay then the album and there was that promo on TV, it was the video of If it's loving that you want and they were promoting the album.. I instantly fell for this beautiful gorgeous girl and I was really in love. You know a 9 years old kid in love, I was deep in love. I went with my mom to buy the album and started listening to everything else and since that moment I follow her through every different genre she does and I love it. Whatever she does I love it. Every songs mean something to me and I feel related to what she is singing. I had a little break during the Rated R era cause I didn't know what was going on with her, no more long hair, depressed music and I couldn't understand what she was going through. Obviously I was 13 and couldn't feel what she was going through but I was lucky. I got to know and love the Rated R era at the same time Talk That Talk came out. So it was a 2 for 1 for me that year. Loud was beautiful and really made fall back in love with her. And since the last three era I just keep looking up to her to get my confidence and take my place as human being, Through her music, her style and her success I know I can do anything I want and be who I really am until the end.
Also We found Love video had such a huge impact on me as a teenager. Every time I watch it, makes me relive those rebel years I was living,  smoking pot and listening to Rih's music everyday.